With the successful experience of Hamedan Pipe jacking project that Kayson
had, the company was elected to deliver a part of Tehran sewage network project;
the pipe line starts from Shariati St., in its junction with Mirdamad Blvd., and
it heads toward the south. Passing through Golnabi St., Ketabi Sq. and Mojtabayi
St., the pipe line changes its route to Khadjeh abdollah-e Ansari St., in its
junction with Shahid Araqi St.
According to contract, the length of the project route is 3,982 meter and
total number of manholes is 34, which are implemented by pipejacking
(microtunneling) method. Polymer concrete pipes with 1,600 mm and 1,800 mm
diameters are used in this project. To accomplish the project on time and within
budget, Kayson decided to set up a new manufacturing line to produce the
required pipes in its subsidiary factories. The client has also notified kayson
that it has to implement 530 meter of 1,400 mm pipelines in Mirdamad blvd. in
addition to previous contract.
Scope of Work
- Receiving and checking aerial photogrammetry images, maps of urban
installations and studies on the routes for establishing pipe lines.
- Doing different geological tests on conditions of the earth and tunnel
Obtaining related permissions from Wastewater
Company, the municipality of districts 3 & 4 as well as the Traffic
- Designing and constructing reception & drive shafts.
- Establishing and installing equipment within and around drive shafts.
- Executing manholes.
- Earthwork: 8,220 m3
- Concrete operation: 2,190 m3
- Reinforcement: 146 t
- 1,800-mm diameter pipes: 1,256 m
- 1,600-mm diameter pipes: 2,170 m
- 1,400-mm diameter pipes: 566 m