Planning System & Project Control of Tehran Metro, Lines 1&2 (Based on Two Contracts)
The Tehran Metro is a project of immense strategic importance to the capital’s transportation network.
To overcome the problems impeding the project’s progress, the Tehran Metro Urban and Suburban Railway Company decided to assign the task of project planning and control to a consultant. The aim was to better integrate the engineering, procurement, planning and construction processes and more effectively coordinate activities carried out by Iranian and foreign contractors.
Whatever the project, planning and coordination of design, procurement, and construction activities play a determining role in completing the project on time, within budget and in accordance with the required quality standards. The Tehran Metro which was originally planned a few decades ago, gained a new momentum when the responsibility for project planning and control was entrusted to Kayson. Kayson is proud of the role- although small- it has played in the implementation of this huge and highly important project.
Scope of Work
- As-Is Assessment
- Restructuring the Project’s Existing Organization
- Planning & Organizing the Project’s Documentation Procedures, Information Flow, Including a Management Information System Planning the Project’s Procurement Requirements Planning the Project’s Cost Outlays, Including Preparation of Financial Estimates, both in Rial and Hard Currency.
- Schedule Control n Document Control
- Procurement Control n Cost Control
- Scheduling Project Activities
- Coordinating Iranian and Foreign Contractors’ Activities
- Designing the Project’s Reporting System Designing a Computer Program to Forward Reports to Tehran Metro’s Management
- Submitting a Weighted Progress Report on a Regular Basis
- To Ensure That all Required Activities are Carried Out on Time so That the Project Can Come Online as Scheduled.